The Anglian Church of Papua New Guinea (ACPNG) requires the services of an experienced Administrator with strong leadership skills to fill the role of a Provincial Secretary currently based in Lae.
The Provincial Secretary reports to the Archbishop of the Anglican Church of Papua New Guinea. He or she is the chief administrative officer of the Anglican Church.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing support to the Archbishop’s Office and the other Provincial Institutions
- Arranging ACPNG Provincial meetings including Provincial Council, House of Bishops, Board of Trustees, and Finance Committee.
- Implementing decisions made by the Provincial meetings.
- Arranging and managing contractual agreements with suppliers and customers.
- Prepare ACPNG 3 year strategic plan and co-ordinate its implementation.
- Maintaining and ensuring all ACPNG assets are properly registered and valuation is carried on a planned schedule.
- Preparing monthly accounting reports for the Board of Trustees and Finance Committee.
- Preparing annual financial reports and budgets and presenting them to the Provincial Council.
- Overseeing the accounts of Dioceses and Institutions for accountability and transparency.
- Maintaining Partnership with the Government, NGO’s and Churches both within PNG and Overseas.
Qualifications/Experience & skills required:
- Degree in Business Management or other relevant tertiary qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in senior management positions.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain strong and effective relationships with partners and other stakeholders.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills at the senior management level.
- Ability to effectively resolve simple to complex issues independently.
- Must be computer literate.
- Someone who is an Anglican Church member.
- A good team leader.
- Overseas Applicants may apply
All applications must be submitted to:
Anglican Church of Papua New Guinea
P O Box 5516
National Capital District
Papua New Guinea
Closing date for Applications Monday 29th February 2016