The Anglican Consultative Council is seeking to appoint a Director for Theological Education across the Anglican Communion, based in London, to help build capacity for the delivery of good quality theological education for the whole people of God across the Anglican Communion. This is a five-year project, under the direction of the Secretary General.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
- an understanding of the ecclesiology of the Anglican Communion;
- extensive experience in theological education at all levels of the life of a church in the Anglican Communion and of working globally and cross-culturally at a senior level;
- experience of working in Africa, South America or Asia is particularly desirable;
- working experience of different approaches to and models of adult education as well as a knowledge of the current challenges facing the Church in the area of Christian education;
- a graduate qualification in theology; an earned doctorate in theology is preferred;
- able to engage with and have experience of working collaboratively with people from a range of backgrounds and nationalities;
- able also, at times, to work independently;
- evidence of the ability to start and successfully complete a major project;
- confident in working with web-based materials and in the use of IT tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- the ability to communicate ideas through both the written and spoken word and to build capacity in others.
For full details click here